Saturday, February 21, 2009

Learning with TED

With the goal of broadening my horizons, I've committed myself to learning more about topics that are outside of my professional life, my personal interests, or my general intellectual comfort zone. In just a few months, I've been enriched by lectures, books, and websites I would have previously ignored.

One resource that I return to at least once a week (usually on Saturday morning after breakfast) is TED.com -- a website that aims to be "a clearinghouse that offers free knowledge and inspiration from the world's most inspired thinkers, and also a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other." TED invites the greatest minds in the world to give the lecture of their lives in 18 minutes. It is often the most valuable 18 minutes of my week.

Below I've embedded the lecture I watched this morning....



[For the iPhone/iPod Touch users out there, there is a free TED application to watch these lectures whenever you have time -- on your commute, waiting for a meeting to start, whenever.]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails