Sunday, October 19, 2008

Palin as Counterpoint

Today, in talking about Sarah Palin, Senator McCain said "She is a direct counterpoint to the liberal feminist agenda for America."

My curiosity got the best of me, and I asked myself: What exactly is the liberal feminist agenda in this country?

So I headed on over to the National Organization for Women -- considered by many on the right to be a leftist organization comprised of radical feminists. According to their website, here are the top six issues on the NOW agenda:
  • Abortion rights/reproductive issues
  • Violence against women
  • Constitutional equality
  • Promoting diversity/ending racism
  • Lesbian rights
  • Economic justice
Now, I can't believe that Senator McCain meant to imply that Governor Palin was for violence against women, against constitutional equality, anti-diversity, pro-racism, and anti-justice. That would just be silly. I think what he meant to say was that Governor Palin was chosen to secure the votes of those on the right that would like to see the reversal of Roe v. Wade and want to see lesbians repent or roast in the toasty fires of hell.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails