Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Deep Craving for Discourse

As I sit here in a campustown coffee shop -- slowly savoring Wednesday's $2 latte special (turned into a poor man's mocha with a little cocoa powder), I've decided to reawaken Skim Mocha No Whip after a months long slumber.

Lately I've been craving discourse -- mostly of the political variety. But mostly I miss intelligent conversation about real topics, conversation that avoids the inane and asks tough, challenging questions. Conversation that makes you dig deep in the defense of your beliefs. Frankly I'm tired of living in a society where our politicians are afraid of appearing "too intelligent" as if having deep, well-developed ideas was a disease worthy of innoculation.

So, here's my invitation. Join me for a conversation.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails