Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lucky Day

Driving to a meeting today, it looked like my heavy foot finally caught up with me as I was pulled over by one of our city's finest. After going through the standard Q&A, he returned to his squad car to fill out the paperwork. In twenty years of driving, I'd been pulled over three times before -- all resulted in written warnings. Surely, today my luck had run out. 47 in a 35. I was going to pay for sure. As the officer returned to the side of my truck, I noticed the pink carbon copy of a written warning. I had escaped a ticket once again.

With a slight grin, the officer says: "The only reason I'm giving you a warning is because I gave your wife a ticket an hour ago."

I guess it was my lucky day once again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails